In search of what's next

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Micro$oft does it again!

Micro$oft keeps releasing new operating systems without fixing the previous versions. I guess they gotta keep milking the cash cow. My office (which I'm the net admin for) runs predominantly Windows 2000. I have a few XP boxes mixed in, but mostly w2k. I get calls from my vendors asking me to upgrade them to XP with lots of lame excuses to do so, but not really any help to me to do so other than part with more cash. I've always figured M$ would do something to force the issue. Such as current tactics of stopping support after certain times, stop issuing patches and service packs, stop selling older (and sometimes more useful) versions.

Looks at though now M$ has someone helping them on the outside. I'm still not upgrading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home