In search of what's next

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Discrimination

I want to talk about something that really bothers me: Discrimination. I imagine everyone has been discriminated against in some form or another. Have you been discriminated against?

This can be a long list, which one first? Your skin color, your sex, your religion, your age, your hair length (or lack thereof--see how easy that was to discrimate?), your weight, your clothes, the car you drive, which model of gay ipod you own (hehe), etc. etc. Of course there are people that discriminate on purpose and those who don't even realize they're doing it.

Nonetheless, I'm emphatically denouncing such practices. They are just wrong. They can cause all sorts of mental stress, which can quickly erupt into screaming, yelling, gnashing of teeth, punching, fighting and maybe even a small scale nucular event. (See, there I did it again, by discriminating against people with speech impediments, uh sorry.)

So, this has got to stop. I mean, it's costly, not even counting the nucular event. Peoples lives could be at stake. Homes and families stand in the midst of the fallout. Then, there are tons of fees to pay psychologists, and if you have a crappy insurance policy, or none at all, these can be expensive.

Take my dog, for example. The state of Michigan openly discriminated against him. Horrifying if you ask me and I have the picture to prove it:


I guess I should note that we were in Warren Dunes State Park at the time, but still, they discriminated against my puppy. We had to put him in chew treat therapy for a month.

Apologies to Frank J. at IMAO for the gay ipod comment, bald people and the Prez. Sheesh, I'm gonna have to work on this discrimination problem I have.

Welcome: Carnival of Comedy Readers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home