In search of what's next

Friday, September 02, 2005

I'm fine, thank you very much.

I didn't need gas on Tuesday, as I still had some and thought I could wait an extra day. Nope. I commute a long way to work and back, so I fill up every 3 days. Tuesday evening, gas was $2.59. Wednesday morning on the way to work, gas was $2.69. Wednesday evening on the way home, it was $3.09. This was when I was going to get it, but personal schedule last second changes omitted any extra time to get in line to buy it, so I thought maybe it'll hold in the morning on the way to work. Nope again. Thursday morning, it was $3.39. I griped and complained, until a few stations down the street somebody kept their price at $3.19, so I filled up there. And I thought 32$ was bad for a tank. Ouch.

I get to work and the first guy I meet is all nice and cordial, which I try to be all the time. Good morning! How are you today?

Sigh. I couldn't help it, contain it, or hold it back.

Not bad for a rape victim, er, I'm fine thank you very much!
Have a great day!

Keep up those prayers for the katrina victims.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home