In search of what's next

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Did you see that??

The company I work for moved to a bigger building about a year and a half ago. We got bigger offices, and a bigger manufacturing floor, etc. It even has skylights in the shop area. I guess that's so the work force can keep right on working if the lights go out?

Anyway, it's really bright in here now. You don't need the big work lights they used to use in the other place. And the place is kept really clean. It's really nice.

That means we have to have a cleanup crew to empty trash, sweep, mop, wax, buff, etc. (They always forget to empty my trash.) Anyway, they buff the floors out about every 3 or 4 months, I think.

When we moved over here, one of my requirements for computers was they were not to be kept on the floor. They get too much dirt in them and knocked over, etc. But the GM overrode me and many sit on the floor.

One time the cleaning crew came to buff the floors out and never told anyone but purchasing (who was in charge of their contract) that they were going to do this. An eyewitness in engineering saw one of the workstations go flying across the office when the buffer driver ran over the network cable and wrapped it on the motor.

Unfortunately, they still sit on the floor. But it did make for a procedural change. The cleaning crew must give us notice that they will clean the floors this way.

I got a call an hour ago saying they're coming to wax the floors tomorrow.

I didn't have anything else to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home