In search of what's next

Monday, November 14, 2005

Financial woes of Delta airlines

Ah, flying. It's fun! It's exhilirating! I enjoy it so. NOT.

I admit it. I'm overweight. Overweight AND 6'4" is not a good combination for flying in coach. On any airline. It's a recipe for aches, pains, and cramps of all sorts. My height assures me the seatback and traytable in front of me will never be adequate or handy. Unless I remove my kneecaps. And I have yet to find a seat on any airplane where the armrests were any where near the width of my shoulders.

I gripe about this because I can. I pay good money to be tamped into this high speed flying cigar tube.

Before you get the wrong idea, I like Delta airlines. Their pilots and crews always do a good job and you can get flights to most places you need to go via their partner airlines. Prices, well, um, not so good. I live real close to the Cincy airport and having a delta hub there is very convenient. Lot's of choice. But, I can go to Indianapolis, Louisville, or Dayton and get better prices. From the same freakin airline! Why is that???

And to top things off, I hear lots of stories about their financial woes. I'm sorry, but I can't believe they have money problems. Because if they do, then somebody is screwing up big time there. I haven't been on a lot of flights, but I've been on my share over the last few years and I have yet to be on a Delta flight with an empty seat. In 3 years.

Who's doing what with all that money?????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home