In search of what's next

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Don't forget to write...

While I haven't written a lot lately, it doesn't mean a lot's not going on. Still swamped at work.

Yesterday, I came in to see a bunch of emails where one of my company salesman's laptop was stolen. Wonderful. At least we're not a top secret government research facility. I'd have to activate the special erase command like they did in Silent Thunder. Yeah, right.

Anyway, I wondered how it got stolen. We've had them stolen by breaking windows in cars, windows in the office, stolen off the receiving dock and a few others. How did this one get stolen, you ask?

Out of his friggin luggage. Who in their right mind goes on a plane ride and puts their laptop in the suitcase? Laptop computers do pass some abuse testing, but not the how far can I fling this suitcase across the tarmac by a 300 lb ex-football player test. Jeez, use your brains, people.

I'm a simple person. I don't ask for much, but I do ask that you take care of the equipment assigned to you.

I vote for taking it out of his pay, but we'll give him another one. Matter of fact, he's already called me and sent me email demanding that this replacement be a new one with specific pieces of software on it. I'm thinking he should be thankful I'm not in charge of his reparations. He'd be getting a buggy win98 laptop with a worn out battery in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home