In search of what's next

Thursday, January 19, 2006

What I was doing the other night

Well, I was going to prognosticate a bunch on here the other night, but it was down. All night. I know, I kept checking.

My engineering server disk drive gave up it's ghost early afternoon and I had to replace it. Went to the store, got a new one, formatted it, then discovered that I am not doing something correctly with my tape software (arcserve). I can't get it to restore to the network drive it backed up from. It would only restore to the server the drive is attached to. Is this because of throughput?

I had to move a bunch of stuff off the server the drive was on, then restore it, then move it back to the eng server. What a pain. Oh well, it's working now.

Yay. I usually get the see the sunrise on the way in, not in the rearview on the way home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home