In search of what's next

Friday, February 24, 2006

Rec'd this email today...

Today Is National Mental Health day!

You can do your bit by remembering to send an email to an unstable friend.

(Well...my job’s done!)

So I couldn't resist a reply...

Oh, thank you so much! I'm just overcome with joy that someone would remember me on such an auspicious day as this. Why, I'm almost speechless with joy!

Almost!

I've never spent much time thinking about mental health. Should I? I mean we're supposed to eat right and excersize to have physical health. How does one go about feeding their mind? And then how do you excersize it?

If chocolate is comfort food, does it work physically and mentally? Is chocolate more comfortable melted or in solid form? (You gotta be careful when you pour chocolate syrup on yourself because it might not come out of the furniture.) Or is the comfort derived from laying on the solid form and feeling it slowly melt as you start to heat the chocolate into shape? Does it feel like laying in a sweet sticky water bed?

Yep, you'll never walk alone again. Think of all the insects that'll fall in love with you. You'll be their new best friend.

And new best friends are always a mental comfort. It's mentally comforting to know you have friends that flock to your side in a moment of need.

So, food for thought, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home