In search of what's next

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It's been a while...

Sorry, I didn't post for quite a while. Been really busy and the time is just not long enough lots of times. Anyway....I've posted before where I get to lead the communion portion of church service on Sundays. I've gotten to do that twice since the last time I posted I think.

The earlier one I did was in February. I spoke about George Santayana's famous quote of if you ignore history, you'll repeat it, fame. (I know that's not the exact quote, but hey, I didn't block quote it did I?) I was reading a book at the time called the Politically Incorrect Guide to American History and immediately upon starting the book I was reminded of George's quote.

Christian's are no different. We ignore our past and it comes back to haunt us. In a way, we betray ourselves, our friends and ultimately God. Just like when Judas betrayed Jesus, we do the same every time we forget what Christ has done for us.

Of course, you must not dwell on the past as it prevents you from moving forward, you have to find that place where you can move forward but not forget the things Christ has done for you. If you've placed your past burdens on Him, as He asks, that part of your past is truly gone and you can forget about it, but you must not forget that Christ did these things for you (as in ease your burdens, forgvie your sins, etc).

So, have a great day! God bless you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home