In search of what's next

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I made it!

I finally got my primary domain controller replaced. What a pain. I have a list of thanks I'd like to publish.

My ISP: Thanks isoc. Your undependable internet connection managed to stop working every time I really needed it. Thanks ever so much.

Microsoft: You know, I don't mind paying for your software. But would you do us all a huge favor? Make it work correctly. It hasn't worked right since windows 3.0. Fix it already. I'm tired of update hell and wga or wag or fag or whatever it's called. It rightly called spyware. Stop it already. Quit wasting my money and stop building new versions that don't work and fix the old ones already.

Dell: Oh, my you guys build some magnificent hardware that can utterly fail in the grandest fashion at the absoulte most opportune times. Then, you can't fix it either. I'm so happy I could poop on myself!

Seriously: I'd like to thank God for giving me the patience and wisdom to deal with this. For giving my client base the patience to deal with me and my systems until they were fixed.

Bottom line: One PDC crash equals 3 calendar weeks, 96 of my own personal hours on top of normal schedules, a few nights sleep and a couple of missed family dinners. Thank God it's working now. Yes, that's a long time, but I'm a one man IT dept and I can only do 1 or 2 things at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home