In search of what's next

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Hands off health care

Go to this website and send a letter to your congressmen and president. (Check to make sure it has selected your representatives)

The more I hear about healthcare, the more I think the politicians needs to stay away from it. They're only intent on destroying it, not making it more available. Apparently, they are truly ashamed that we have managed to build the best health care system on the planet and can't stand it that anyone can get health care here.

This is what I wrote in my letter:
I've read and heard a lot of the hyperbole coming from the Washington DC elite about the "health care reform" legislation and I'd like to add my take on it.

I don't think any of the versions I've heard, read or seen of the legislation being covered by any news source is to be considered as reform.

If you truly wanted health care reform, there would be 2 major initial changes enacted already that would allow competition from state instead of the current method where only a few companies are allowed to compete in given areas.

If you are serious about this, you'd also come up with some torte reform that would keep the doctors from constantly being concerned about malpractice insurance premiums. Most dr's push unneeded tests and even ignore critical patients because they're concerned about being sued over something stupid.

These 2 things alone would make healthcare more available and affordable than anything else you could legislate. Why aren't these even being considered in these bills?

Even my representative, Baron Hill, has stated it will take upwards of 10 years to make real reform work well for Americans.

So, my ultimate question is "What is the big hurry??"

It looks to me like a tax hungry congress has found just another way to bleed us of our ever decreasing hard earned dollars and they're using the guise of reforming health care as a cover.

Please stop spending these untold amounts of money and leave health care out of it, before you kill us.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home