In search of what's next

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Add these guys to the list.

I had previously touched on don't buy from Office Max, so now I'm going to place another name on that list of prestigious companies.

The new one is Renovators Supply. They're a mail order company that sells plumbing fixtures and hardware for the home that is made to look like the old antique styles from yesteryear. I stupidly bought my plumbing fixtures from them for my house when we built it 10 years ago. They're supposed to come with a lifetime warranty against defects.

Each one of the bathroom sink sets has developed problems. The first set, develped a bad leak in the cold water spigot. I called Renovators and they sent me a replacement valve. The 2nd set cold water valve got really tight to turn and one day twisted in half to soak the bathroom for me. Finally, the third set developed a leak that wouldn't quit so I called them again. This time, they wouldn't send me a replacement without a 50$ charge to my credit card.

So, if you're planning on building a new house or remodeling your current domicile, do yourself a favor and completely ignore Renovator's Supply. They'll gladly overcharge you for their products and then valiantly not stand behind their warranty.

Fabulous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home