In search of what's next

Friday, August 18, 2006

What a day!

What day. What a week. What a month. What a quarter!!!

I'm swamped. I like letting my brain throw up on this blog, but I don't have much time for it these days. Seems like ever since the pdc crash, I've not gotten caught up.

Since then, I got a new rack, servers, disk array, tape drive and no time to play with it. The servers are dell pe2950's with dual xeon dual core 3gb procs, 4gb ram. I put win2k on one of them, just for the fun of it. Daggone it, it boots win2k faster than it runs thru it's post test. That's a first for my viewing pleasure.

Now I'm working on putting suse enterprise linux on the other one. Why you say? Good question. Why does anyone still use novell stuff? The answer is that's what the parent company said to use. So, I'm gonna try to learn sles 9 and/or 10. I got 9 on there and it works, but they're pushing me to upgrade it to 10. I can't get the vnc thing to let me log in more than once per boot. Why is that? I'm all ears if you have an answer and would be most gracious to hear....

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home